In Denmark, prostitution is considered a social problem. Therefore, there are no legal provisions for a migrant to engage in sex work because it is not considered as labour. Hence, there are no regulations that permit the grant of a permit of stay/work for migrant sex workers to work in the sex-industry, such as a  special visa or a limited permit of stay.

EU Citizens, in accordance with the EU regulations that govern the freedom of movement of goods and services and persons, may enter and may reside freely in Denmark for up to three months. If an EU citizen is seeking employment , he or she may stay for up to six months. However, if  a stay exceeds the three- or six-month limit, the citizens of EU/EEA member states must demonstrate  proof of registration, whereas the citizens of non-EU/EEA states must possess a residence card.  Unlike the residence card, which is issued under the provisions of the Danish Aliens Act, the proof of registration is simply constructive proof of the intrinsic rights that are conferred by citizenship in an EU/EEA member state.

Non-EU Citizens may obtain a residence and work permit for specific periods of time, if the person has an offer for a specific job in Denmark for which she has special qualifications. Non-EU migrants cannot obtain a work permit specifically to engage sex work; therefore, it is impossible for non-EU migrants to legally work in prostitution in Denmark.

 the Alien Act/Immigration Law, which specifically target the victims of trafficking by allowing those persons presumed to have been trafficked to remain in Denmark for up to 100 days.